Uniserv Academy Talk (Part 4)
Organizing is grass roots. So is blogging. So here are some concepts about what make a good blog. A different question than what is a blog.
- Blog Meetings. You can not make every meeting and neither can your members, collegues or state staff. Or news reports. So blog the meeting and let the sunshine in. (insert music here. :) For example, I am rather certain that someone will blog the RA this year. Why not school board meetings? See Emerging Tech blogging example.
- Content Expert. John Robb writes that there are ways to build a hot blog. All of them require a focus, so focus on your work. (Save personal for another blog.) Talk about organizing, new members, prof. dev. opportunties, etc.
- Name dropper. Blogroll to state and state government sites, but also write about resouces.
- Historical. Dave Winer has written a blog since 1997 and often in his daily posting link to post from years ago. History is a teacher.
- Newsletter. Or a blog can start as simply a newsletter. But I think you'll find that it is so easy to update that it will evolve into more.